- from Corey: Elysian321@yahoo.com
- On Mar. 23 the
- O'Jeez played a support set at "The
Quest" (Prince's former club).
- They played inbetween Wain Mcfarlane & Zydeco Blue's 2 sets.
This band is, I
- guess, you can call it a rock band with some funk/reggae sounds.
Their drummer is Michael Bland, Prince's former drummer. This
was not a surprise gig but only
- announced a week or so before the show. It was not even listed on
- Quest's website. Wain does play there every Tuesday though. Dave
- obviosally likes them. They were introduced as "Dave Pirner
- O'jeez", which they did not like! They played a 31m min set,
- good, Kraig did break a bass string which screwed up one song.
- Setlist, acording to the one i grabed off the stage was-
- Mr. Butter
- Where did you go
- Stoned wall
- Sad paradise
- Make it right
- You & only you
- Then Wain began his second set and played for 24m. Then Wain called
- Dave to come out and
- they did 3 songs-
- A poker game
- All of my(?)(title?)
- These are all songs that Wain said Dave tought them. Then he asked
- So Dan came out and played guitar, Dave sang-
- I can see clearly now
- All of these were great versions, Wain's band has 11 people so songs
- Sounded different then previous times. After this the big surprise,
- Called out for Ian & Karl. They both came out and wain & his
- Which only left the 4 members of Soul Asylum!
- They played-
- Then Dave asked for Wain & his band to come back (5 of them did)
- They all played a long extended version of-
- Gone till november
- It was a great show. There were only about 200 people there when the
- O'jeez played. By the time Soul Asylum came out only about 100 were
- Left. Well worth $5.